Nowadays, cars are equipped with advanced technologies, having computer-controlled features. However, there are still things that do not change over time. There are car parts that need periodic maintenance.
In this blog post, I will discuss the necessary tips to protect your today’s vehicles from the normal wear and tear. Are you ready to learn a thing or two about car maintenance? So, let’s start right away!
Car maintenance is extremely necessary.
- For some cars, engineering may have extended to the life expectancy of the spark plugs, emissions and cooling systems to 100,000 miles. However, the rule for doing a periodic maintenance did NOT change.
- The truth is, the longer the life expectancy, the more reason for you to stick with your car maintenance schedule. Treat this with utmost importance especially if your vehicle is one of your biggest investments in life.
- To best guard your vehicle and take advantage of its maximum capacity, you have to have a maintenance plan. First, you need to create one and strictly follow it.
- How to do this? Simple… just read the maintenance tips stated on your owner’s manual. Inside your manual, you should be able to see car manufacturer’s recommended schedule for maintenance.
- Take note that this written tips are based on the usual driving environment. However, some may be an exception to this rule especially if one drives on roads, which are bumpy and filled with potholes.
- The manufacturer’s recommended schedule is just your basis for the maintenance. However, it is NOT the final say especially if you fit under the dusty and bumpy roads category mentioned above.
- The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, commonly known as ASE , is an independent organization that strives to help in terms of vehicle repair and service especially with regards to vehicle maintenance. ASE provides recommendations on having your very own vehicle maintenance plan. Read more on: Don’t Scrimp on Vehicle Maintenance
The engine is central part of your vehicle.
- The heart of it all is the car’s engine. If it malfunctions, the engine will be the most expensive to fix. Modern vehicle features may have remove a lot of routine works especially the thing we all call the “tune-up.”
- This makes the newer brands of cars and trucks may appear cleaner and smoother than older models. To ensure the vehicle runs cleaner, the engine and all its parts should be operating as intended to avoid driveability and other technical issues in the future.
- Car experts and professional technicians unanimously agree that regular oil and filter changes are essential. For you to add more miles to your car this is an important step that should NOT skip.
- Auto manufacturers usually recommend to do oil and filter changes every 7,500 miles or six months, whichever comes first. Remember, this rule applies to the usual driving conditions. So, the repair technicians recommend the changes to occur every 3,000 miles or three months.
- When you regularly change the oil and filters, this ensures that your engine will be clean. It will avoid any instances of sludge and gunk buildup.